Please keep in mind the following when applying to any UC:
1. Test Scores: Official SAT with Writing/Essay, ACT with Writing, SAT Subject Tests and TOEFL scores need to ONLY be sent to ONE campus – UC will share scores with all campuses to which a student applies. IELTS scores, however, must be sent to each UC campus. The SAT Subject Exams are not required, but encouraged for some majors.
2. Test Dates in November/December: For students who will take exams in November and December they must:
a. report planned SAT, ACT, SAT Subject, TOEFL, and IELTS test dates on the application
b. then log back into their UC application to self-report scores after they are received
c. order official scores from the testing agencies by the end of December.
3. Fee Waivers: Fees for up to four campuses can be waived for qualified students. UC’s fee waiver program, which is part of the UC application, is for U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and applicants eligible for AB540 benefits. UC also accepts fee waivers from The College Board and NACAC. Waivers cannot be combined or used for more than four campuses.
The following are not required at the time of application submission:
1. Transcripts: Official transcripts should not be submitted unless a UC campus directly contacts a student to request it.
2. Official AP/IB Scores: Students must self-report all exams taken and only submit an official score report if they accept an offer of admission to one UC campus. The official score report must be received by July 15.
3. Letters of recommendation: UC does not require letters of recommendation. However, a campus may specifically request a letter or two directly from some applicants.
4. SAT Subject Tests: UC does not require SAT Subject Tests to apply for admission. Specific programs at UC recommend SAT Subject Tests to demonstrate mastery in certain subjects. Click here to see the optional SAT Subject Test recommendations.
If you have any questions about these things or anything else about the application, contact the UC Application Center, your go-to resource for all application questions!
(800) 207-1710 — toll free in the United States
(310) 513-2715 — outside the United States
November hours (PST)
November 1–18: Monday–Friday, 8 am–10 pm
November 19–20 (Saturday & Sunday): Closed
November 21–23: Monday–Wednesday, 8 am–11 pm
November 24 (Thanksgiving Day holiday): Closed
November 25–27: Friday–Sunday, 8 am–11 pm
November 28–30: Monday–Wednesday, 8 am–midnight
UC Application Center
P.O. Box 1432
Bakersfield, CA 93302